2013 – Out with the Old and In with the New!
I was having dinner with one of my BFF’s and she said was glad to see 2013 go because it was a crappy year. I couldn’t disagree more! Actually, 2013 all-in-all was a very good year. Sure I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in July, but other than loosing my boobs, hair and having chemo – it was a fantastic year! Here’s my race recap for 2013 and more importantly what I learned!
25 Races Completed! This includes 4 marathons (2 World Marathon Majors), 8 half marathons and 15 runDisney medals to add to my collection!
- Favorite Race of 2013: Disneyland 5K because it was the 1st race back from my bi-lateral mastectomy and my entire family ran together!
- Favorite Course of 2013: Disneyland 10K because it ran through both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure plus through Sleeping Beauty Castle!
- Favorite Medal of 2013: Flying Pig Marathon because of the pig butt – so cute!
- Ugliest Medal of 2013: Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Epic Fail of 2013: Quassy Rev3 70.3 – I promise I will train and pick an easier course next time!
- Epic Race of 2013: Running the New York City Marathon and never hitting the wall!
What I learned:
- Never let anyone talk you into giving up.
- Running a race with family & friends is simply outstanding.
- You can’t get the results you want unless you put in the hard work.
- You can do anything you want if you set your mind to it.
- Tomorrow’s a fresh start!