Final Tips for Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
It’s the second week of January and that means I’m off to Walt Disney World for my annual running of the Walt Disney World Marathon. This year will be my 6th year running the marathon, my 5th year running the Goofy Challenge and my 1st year running the Dopey Challenge.
This year is very special to me since it will be a celebration of the end of chemotherapy! I had my final breast cancer chemo on Thursday, January 2nd and I’m looking forward to taking each step of the 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Full Marathon and stomping out cancer one foot at a time!
So whatever race and for whatever reason you are running this weekend, remember to enjoy the miles, moments and experience because there is no race like a Walt Disney World Marathon!
For some of my tips on running WDW Weekend:
- Tip For Experiencing runDisney Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
- 11 Tips for Running Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge
- My Top Walt Disney World Marathon Tips
Here are thoughts for 2014’s WDW Marathon Weekend:
- Patience is Key: There’s going to lots of crowds and excitement. Remember to stay calm and be an adult even if the other person is not!
- Slow and Steady with Win: When running Goofy, I take my time and save everything for the full Marathon. My strategy for Dopey will be the same.
- Fuel Up & Hydrate: Eat, eat, eat! Drink, drink, drink – where’s your water bottle?
- Enjoy it!: The most important thing I have learned over the last year is to take my time and live in the moment. I hope you do the same!