Tips for Registering for the 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
TOMORROW at 12pm EST Early Registration opens for the 2015 runDisney Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend – January 7-11, 2015! Early registration is for Annual Pass Holders Walt Disney World and Disney Vacation Club Members. The Runner’s World Challenge registration is currently open.
On Tuesday, April 22 ,2015 at 12pm EST General Registration opens for the 2015 runDisney Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend.
The list of Weekend Events are listed below and in my opinion I believe the Goofy Challenge will sell out first. 2015 will mark the 10th Anniversary for the Goofy Challenge. When I registered way back in 2009 for the 5th anniversary in 2010, this event sold out first and fast! My best guess for the second race to sell out would be the Dopey Challenge.
- Dopey Challenge – 48.6 magical miles – 4 days of races from Thursday to Sunday and includes the 5k, 10K, Half and Full Marathons
- Goofy’s Race and Half Challenge – 39.3 magical miles – 2 days of races, Saturday’s Half and Sunday’s Full Marathon
- Marathon 26.2 magical miles – Sunday
- Half Marathon 13.1 magical miles – Saturday
- Walt Disney World 10K 6.2 magical miles – Friday
- Family Fun Run 5K 3.1 magical miles – Thursday
- runDisney Kids Races multiple days and races to select from Thursday, Friday and Saturday
This will be my 7th consecutive Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend and I plan on running my 7th WDW Marathon, my 6th Goofy Challenge and my 2nd Dopey Challenge. I have participated in all the races and my children have also run the Kids Races. Obviously, I love Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend. It is a fantastic event that supports elite as well as the beginner runners. If you are thinking about running, don’t think – just register! If you hesitate it might be SOLD OUT.
When I first began running Disney, registration was not a crazy event, but since registration has become a competitive sport, I have a few suggestions and tips to share.
- Know your Active.com account and password prior to 12pm – EST. If you do not have a Active.com account and password please register one prior to 12pm today!
- Remember to stay calm and block off your calendar and silence your phone for no distractions!
- Know which races you are planning to register for today PLUS your time for corral placement.
- If you are registering others, have their home address, date of birth, In Case of an Emergency Contact Name and Number and time for corral placement.
- Have your credit card available for serious damage!
Registering for races is getting to be stressful! Good luck and see YOU at the runDisney Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend in January!