Discovering New Blogs – The Liebster Award Moves On
Recently, I was nominated by not one, not two, but three different bloggers for the Liebster Award. It was a great honor and humbling to be nominated! Thank you to Leslie from aRUNderfulLife, Kathryn from From Dancing to Running, and Nicole from It Will Get Better. I’ve chosen 3 questions from each blogger to answer and here they are:
1. What’s the best vacation you have ever taken?
The best vacation I have ever taken would be our honeymoon in Hawaii. We hiked, toured historic sites, and while my husband played golf I went to the spa. We also ate ourselves silly.
2. What inspired you to start your blog?
I was encouraged by my BRF to write about training to become an Ironman. I haven’t quite gotten there yet, but I will. Last year my blog turned into an outlet for me to share my breast cancer journey and hopefully inspire others to continue to reach for their dreams.
3. How did you pick your bog name?
My blog name Maker, Mother, Marathon Runner was the brainchild of my co-worker, who works in our PR department. The name reminds me of the Butcher, the Baker and the Candlestick Maker nursery rhyme!
4. What’s your favorite post that you’ve written?
My favorite post is the post I wrote the night before I went into surgery for my bi-lateral mastectomy. It took me about 15 minutes to compose. I am by no means a writer so when my college roommate commented on how well-written it was, I knew it was good. The post is Breast Cancer at 41.
5. What is your greatest accomplishment to date?
My biggest accomplishment to date was opening my Dream Dinners business with my partner. When we opened our first store, we were at capacity for the first 6 weeks of business and were a top location in the country.
6. What race is at the top of your bucket list?
Ironman World Championships, Kona
7. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Never say never.
8. What are your fitness related goals in the next 12 months and how will you get there?
My goal is to BQ for 2016 (qualify for Boston). I’ve hired Jeff Galloway to help me achieve this goal. My marathon PR is 4:59:22 (as a Goofy w/the 5K). I only have to take a hour fifteen off my time!
9. Have you taken a racecation? Which one has been your favorite?
Yes, I have racecationed at runDisney races in both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Both resorts are so special and different. I highly recommend Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend.
10. How do you balance work-fitness-fun?
I think it is impossible to find complete balance being a wife, mom and working full time. I’m lucky enough to have a fitness facility onsite at work and try to workout at lunch. When I work out at home I workout with my children around, while they are at school or early morning so my family isn’t too affected by my absence.
11. Have you ever had to deal with an unsupportive friend, spouse or family member and how did you deal with it?
I’m too old to deal with BS and refuse to surround myself with people who are unsupportive of my goals. However, I do surround myself with those who know me well and will tell me the hard truth.
The next part of Liebster is to ask 10 questions of your own and nominate 10 bloggers to spread the blog love:
So here are my 10 questions:
1. Why did you begin running?
2. What’s your #1 bucket list race?
3. What mantra is working for you this year?
4. How many races are on your calendar for 2014 – which is the one you are most looking forward to racing?
5. What is your life goal?
6. When is your favorite time to work out?
7. What fitness gadget is on your “wish list”?
8. What fitness book or magazine do you look to for inspiration?
9. Who is your fitness inspiration?
10. List your top 3 running songs
and my 10 nominated bloggers are:
1. Tabetha http://irunonwater.net
2. Gail http://runalltheraces.com
3. Anne http://outrunningthefork.com/
4. Lindsey & Lisa http://prairieprincessrunners.com
5. Pam http://wifemotherrunner.com/
6. Danielle http://liverungrow.com/
7. Nicole http://pinkelephantonparade.wordpress.com
8. Karen http://runknittravel.com/
9. Greg http://whyirundisney.com/
What’s the one question that you want to ask me?