Tips for Registering for the Inaugural runDisney Star Wars Weekend
On Tuesday, June 10 ,2014 at 12pm EST General Registration opens for the 2015 runDisney Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend.
The list of Weekend Events are listed below and in my opinion they are going to sell out FAST. Pre-registration for Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members sold out in 15 minutes last week. This is an inaugural race and a long anticipated race among runDisney fantatics, I expect registration records to be broken.
- Star Wars Rebel Challenge 19.3 magical miles -2 days of races, Saturday’s 10K and Sunday’s Half Marathon
- Star Wars Half Marathon 13.1 magical miles – Sunday
- Star Wars 10K 6.2 magical miles – Saturday
- Star Wars 5K 3.1 magical miles – Friday
- runDisney Kids Races Diaper Dash, 100m, 200m, 400m – Saturday
This will be my 1st Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend and I plan on running the Star Wars 5K with my family (yes, I’m hoping my Fairy Godmother grants my wish so I can somehow run both the Castaway Cay 5K Challenge AND Star Wars 5K) and the Star Wars Rebel Challenge. This year I participated in all the races at Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, having also raced the Dopey Challenge. The back to back race weekends proved to be an exceptional experience and I cannot wait to experience it again with my pal, Perfectly Goofy Gail! If you are thinking about running, don’t think – just register! If you hesitate it might be SOLD OUT.
When I first began running Disney, registration was not a crazy event, but since registration has become a competitive sport, I have a few suggestions and tips to share.
- Know your Disneyland or Walt Disney World or Disney Vacation Club log in and password for early registration.
- Know your Active.com account and password prior to 12pm – EST. If you do not have a Active.com account and password please register for one prior to 12pm registration day!
- Remember to stay calm and block off your calendar and silence your phone for no distractions!
- Know which races you are planning to register for PLUS your time for corral placement.
- If you are registering others: have their home address, phone number, email, date of birth, In Case of an Emergency Contact Name and Phone Number, shirt size, and time for corral placement (remember you will need the race name, date the race was run and the time run).
- Have your credit card available for serious damage!
Registering for races is getting to be stressful! Good luck and see YOU at the runDisney Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend in January!