Mother Bear: Running to Stand Still
I don’t what it is about June, but if I can get through June without having a nervous breakdown, I consider it a MAJOR VICTORY!
June is not only the end of the school year, but we are also celebrating our wedding anniversary on June 10th and my son’s birthday on June 21st!
This month was also the month that I was approved to RUN by my OB-GYN – specifically she said I could “run a half marathon every week.” So as per doctor’s orders I ran 3 Half Marathons in the month of June and also began Hartford Marathon Training – where I’m a run/walk/run coach and on Team HMF.
June 2014 Notables:
- States Visited 8: CT, MA, NH, VT, NY, PA, OH, NJ
- National Parks Visited 2: Minute Man, Independence
- Races Run 7: 3 Half Marathons (Iron Horse, Runners World Heart Break Hill, Cedar Point), 2 10k’s (Runners World, B.A.A.) and 2 5K (Runners World, Cedar Point)
- Medals Collected 7: bringing the total thus far for 2014 to 29!
- Events Attended 3: Reebok’s BOKS Kids Active Day, Disney Social Media Mom’s On The Road Conference and a business trip to the WBENC
- Graduations 1: my daughter “graduated” from the 5th grade
- Birthdays 1: my son turned 8
- Weddings 1: my cousin, Shelly wed Jason!
- Anniversaries 1: my husband and I celebrated 14 years of marriage!
- PR’s Crushed 1: I set a new personal record of 1 minute during the B.A.A. 10K
And all through all my responsibilities, I neglected my blog. I hope you forgive me, but I got a lot to write about in the next few weeks so stay tuned!
Did you survive June? Which is the one month of the year that has you clinging to survive?