Registration Tips for the Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend/Dumbo Double Dare
Today, February 10th at 12pm EST registration opens for the runDisney Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend – September 3-6, 2015. This will be the 10th anniversary of the Disneyland Half Marathon and registration is expected to close quickly.
The Disneyland Half Marathon Expo will open on Thursday, September 3rd. The Disneyland 5K will be held on Friday, September 4th, the Disneyland 10K/1st race of the Dumbo Double Dare on Saturday, September 5th and the Disneyland Half Marathon/2nd race of the Dumbo Double Dare on Sunday, September 6th.
- Disneyland Half Marathon (includes race entry, tech shirt, medal): $199
- Disneyland 10K (includes race entry, tech shirt, medal): $110
- Dumbo Double Dare Challenge (includes race entry to 10K & Half, 3 tech shirts, 3 medals): $330
- Disneyland 5K (includes race entry, t-shirt, medallion): $75
Earn the Blue Coast to Coast Challenge Medal: Run both a Half Marathon on the East Coast and a Half Marathon on the West Coast in the same calendar year to receive the Blue Coast to Coast Race Challenge medal. Please note – in addition to the Blue Coast to Coast, runners can earn a pink edition of the Coast to Coast Race Challenge medal by running the 2015 Disney Princess Half Marathon in February and the 2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon in May. Those who complete this combo of races will receive this newly created medal only at the 2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon.
The 3rd running of the Dumbo Double Dare Challenge (running both the 10K and the Half Marathon) will probably fill first. If you are planning to run in 2015 then book quickly to not be disappointed. Do not wait to register. Both the 2013 and 2014 races sold out within HOURS.
- Know your Active.com account and password prior to 12pm – EST. If you do not have a Active.com account and password please register for one prior to 12pm registration day!
- Remember to stay calm and block off your calendar and silence your phone for no distractions!
- Know which races you are planning to register. New for 2015 – Proof of Time to support your anticipated finish time is not needed at the time of registration. You must provide your proof of time on the runDisney website between March 10, 2015 and June 2, 2015 or you will be placed in the last corral.
- If you are registering others: have their home address, phone number, email, date of birth, In Case of Emergency Contact Name/ICE Phone Number, and tech shirt size.
- If you want to purchase additional items – like pins, parties, cheer squads, jackets – register for the RACE FIRST and then log back into Active after you have secured your race registration.
- Have your credit card available for serious damage!
Are you signing up for the 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend? What are your registration tips?