What’s Your Next Race?
For those of you not in the know – HMF is short for Hartford Marathon Foundation. HMF Events hosts 30+ annual runs and multisport events throughout Connecticut and Rhode Island as well as training programs for 5K, 10K, half and marathon distances.
The last two weeks I had fun kicking off the 2015 HMF Race season with the O’Race series. My 8-year son asked to run with me this year and I happily registered us for the #OPutnan #ONiantic and #OHartford 5k’s so we would earn the #Trinity Medal.
HMF offers low 5K entry fees of $10 for kids “so families can run together without breaking the bank.” I ran the 2014 O’Races and enjoyed myself, but this year running with my son by my side made the races even more special. Not only did he successfully use Jeff Galloway’s run/walk/run method to successfully complete each race, but his time improved with each 5K.
The next HMF race weekend is April 11-12 Harvard Pilgrim Middletown Half & Legends 4-mile. There is also a Kid’s Fun Run and a 1-Mile event. Last year I walked the Legends 4-mile and this year plan to run the Middletown Half as the first of three Half’s in the HMF Triple Half Challenge.
I strongly recommend coming out to packet pick up meet, get inspired and learn from the Legends. Here are the events planned:
Saturday, April 11:
- 8:30 a.m. 3-mile run with Jeff Galloway along the streets of Middletown and past Jeff’s alma mater, Wesleyan University. Free, all ages and abilities welcome.
- 10:00-1:00 p.m. Jeff Galloway’s Running School , The Italian Society of Middletown, 72 Court Street, Middletown. (located across from the CT Superior Court building). Free parking in municipal lot adjacent to Court Street.
- Three hours of the information you need to reach your goals—injury free
- Ask all of your individualized questions
- Email access to Jeff afterwards
- Specific methods on nutrition, running form, setting up pace, running hills, breathing
- How to stay injury free, run long runs without being exhausted, run faster, stay motivated
- Cost: online ($99) or walk up ($129)
- 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. A conversation with the Legends: Kathrine Switzer, Jeff Galloway and Amby Burfoot. Free and open to the public.
Will you be running a HMF event this year? What’s your next race?