Words cannot express how much I am in love with Disneyland Resort in California. Having grown up on the east coast and vacationing in Walt Disney World my entire life, I didn’t step foot on Disneyland sacred ground until I was 32 and on a work trip. My husband and I took full advantage of this work trip and celebrated my daughter’s 1st birthday in Disneyland!
Since that time I have made it a point to visit Disneyland every few years because I just enjoy it that much! Yes, Disneyland Resort IS smaller than Walt Disney World. Yes, Sleeping Beauty Castle is smaller than Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World. Yes, it is ONLY 2 parks versus 4 parks and additional water parks, but there’s just so much, much, more to the Disney experience!
Here’s are my Top Reasons Why You Should Give Disneyland Resort a Try:
- It’s the Original: Sorry, but it’s true. Walt was here and you can tell. There’s just something different here – hard to explain. It’s more laid back, more relaxed and the characters don’t have handlers! The attention to detail is amazing and there’s still a sense that it is not owned by a major corporation.
- The Rides are Just a Little Bit, dare I say, BETTER!: Yup, that’s right, I said it. Small World is longer and has more details (especially the “good-bye” signs in the end), Peter Pan is longer, Space Mountain is totally different, Pirates is hands down WAY better, Tea Cups are outside, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters are movable & you get a FREE snapshot and don’t get me started on The Enchanted Tiki Room and the Dole Pineapple floats.
- Variety of Rides: I love Walt Disney World, but sometimes you need to change it up and here I get to experience some different rides like Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, Indian Jones Adventure, Mickey’s Toontown still exists, Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Alice in Wonderland, Casey Jr. Circus Train, Matterhorn Bobsleds Pinocchio’s Daring Journey, Storybook Land Canal Boats and we haven’t even gotten over to Disney California Adventure and Cars Land.
- The Food is Yummy!: The counter service in Disneyland Resort is delicious, offers healthy options and more variety.
- It’s Easy to Manage: Everything in Disneyland Resort is within walking distance and therefore easier to manage – especially with young children in strollers.